Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Nubars are here!!!

Holy Green Beauties!! I was SO excited to find this package on my doorstep yesterday!
They are: Diamont, Pharoah's Purple, La Seine Shimmer, Peacock Feathers, Moon Shadow, Wildlife, Reclaim, and Greener. These are the first Nubar polishes I have ever purchased! I love the bottles, the brushes and the smell is not as offensive as most other polishes, so far. I'm dying to try Reclaim and Greener. I have been from the moment I saw them on Scrangie's blog. But, I have a full week in court, a lot of conferences, etc. and I don't think it's the time to bust out the green holos. Which, sadly means I probably won't try them until Sunday, since I want to do a July 4th mani. The shame and sadness of it!
Yesterday I was wearing Essie "Not Just a Pretty Face".

It's quite pretty, although a little on the sheer side. It felt a little "blah" though. So I dressed it up with La Seine Shimmer. This color is to die for! It's such a sheer pink with a subtle blue flash to it. Really gorgeous. Exactly the type of pink I was looking for to layer and to maybe try a french mani with.

This is it over the Essie. And the picture just does not do this pretty Nubar justice. Horrible rain and thunderstorms all day stopped me from getting a nice daylight picture. I have a feeling I'll be using this one a lot, so better pictures to come!


4 comments:

  1. Nubar polishes are great! They look so cute all lined up for their picture! Can't wait to see them on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a haul! i think you did a good job with the Essie pic's. I love your photos & thank you for the enlarge-ability!


    What layout are you using?


    I would like my blog to have the same layout as yours, with the huge photos and alot of space for my writing, but I cannot figure out which one it is.


    Thanks ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Nubar line-up! I adore their polishes. Especially the duochromes. Can't wait to see them all swatched. Your going to be very busy. I wore Wildfire the other day. It is so pretty with the changing colors as you move your hands. I also love BB Couture polishes. My favorite green is Poison Ivy. I just wanted to let you know that they'll soon be having a new collection out. One of the new colors is named Throb. I can't wait to see what it will be. I get so excited when there's new polishes coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely need more Nubars in the future, I love them so far!! I have a few other brands I want to get ahold of first before I place another Nubar order tho!

    Dee, I think the layout is called 'Jellyfish' then I played around with some of the other elements. Still not sure how much I like it yet!

    ReplyDelete