Monday, July 9, 2012

 Wet-n-Wild, fastdry in "Teal of Fortune."
vs.
Orly - "Halley's Comet."
 I don't even have to look at my notes to label these.
Index and Ring: Teal of Fortune
Middle and Pinky: Halley's Comet
 
Halley’s Comet is a really pretty bluish-turquoise glittery almost foil like duochrome with a bit of green. A perfect “mermaid skin” color. Apparently Zoya’s “Charla” and O.P.I.’s “Catch Me in Your Net” are very close dupes. But, I don’t have either of those, so I am comparing it to Wet-n-Wild’s “Teal of Fortune”.


Results: They’re not all that close. Halley’s Comet absolutely blows the other one out of the water in terms of glittery goodness. The W-n-W is also quite sheer and runny. Plus, that damn brush is awful to use! But, I appreciate W-n-W trying so hard to copy the coolest colors out there. "Teal of Fortune" is a bit darker, less sparkly and more green than Halley's Comet, but they are pretty close.


This is all over a coat of Kleancolor “Retro Green” by the way.  J



Verdict: Not dupes
If I HAD to get rid of one: Wet-n-Wild goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment