Tuesday, June 9, 2009

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE - That's Me!



How great is a company that calls itself Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics? Because let's face it, collecting makeup is an obsession for quite a few of us out there. I like a brand with a sense of humor. Besides that, they have some fresh and interesting colors. While I have been branching out into the world of strange nail polish colors and finishes, I had a strong desire for a grey nail polish. No sparkle. Just a nice darkish creamy grey color. Maybe because one of my favorite suits is a grey pinstripe suit and I thought grey would be a funky polish but still wearable for court days. Then I saw Scrangie's blog and OCC's Blackboard, and I thought, what the hell, I gave blue polish a try, how about green?


I was oddly on the fence about this. I like the color, but I don't know how I felt about the color on me. Green is one of my favorite colors, but I have never worn green nail polish before. I caved when I saw it on Scrangie. It looked so perfect on her. But now I am not so sure. It’s interesting. It is a pretty green, but maybe too over powering for my skintone? I don’t know. It didn’t seem to wear well. I woke up with sheetmarks on my middle finger. I hate that. It’s one of the reasons I stopped wearing nailpolish. I had let the stuff dry for like 5 hours and a coat of Seche Vite before bed, so that was weird. Also seemed to show a lot of wear, scratches, “scuff” marks in the polish within just one day of wearing it. Defintely don’t like that. Hope Dangerous isn’t the same way, because I think I am going to love that color. Strangely, I didn't try Dangerous yet which was the grey polish I wanted so badly. Go figure.








2 comments:

  1. Hot damn! That is awesome. I love both colors and can't wait to see you try Dangerous. I may have to buy these now. Their lip tar or whatever looks pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the hottest green I've ever seen tho! It looks amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete